December 18, 2011

anticipation


christmas is right around the corner.


and my heart is filled with anticipation.










i love this holiday season and it's always exciting to start a brand new year.

now it's time for new year's resolutions, new projects, new life.

it's easier for me to make changes happen when a new year is about to begin.

change the course of life. press reset.



the dull will say what's so special about it anyway- it is just another year. and it doesn't really change anything.

and they're right. it doesn't change anything.

we do.


just like the sun that rises every morning, i guess our minds need this psychological resetting of time every now and then.


weeks, months, seasons, years, decades. what would life be like without them?

a series of countless days

an endless night

an everlasting winter


... some people hate the cold, but everybody smiles to the first snow of the season.


15 comments:

  1. Oh my, wow, loved this post! You are such a gifted writer!
    Truly enjoyed everything about this post.
    So right about the "resetting." The funny thing is, monday is my favorite day of the week. I love that day, a brand new start to everything... Ha. I know I'm weird! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashlyn Nicole, you're always so sweet! Thank you so much for the beautiful words. I'm not so sure about being a gifted writer, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos! It's true... I dread the long, Chicago winters, but there is something magical about the first snowfall of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw gr8 post! def loving the images you shared!!

    http://infinitelifefintess.com

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved the photos... i miss the snow...
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something really interesting about the idea of a new year. Of course, things don't really change or start over from 11:59 pm to 12:00 am because our calendar is a human invention, subject to our own culture and different than others. And I think that says something pretty profound about our state as human beings...that we crave fresh starts, new beginnings, slates wiped clean.

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such lovely photos. there is nothing nicer than a city all lit up for the holidays. i agree about the new year too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! I just found your blog and I must say, I love it! Hope you can check out my blog too! :)

    http://thevintagebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindo lu rsrs confesso q me emocionei com esse teu post, we really do ^^ grande beijo prima e um feliz natal e um prospero ano novo do seu priminho guilherme =**

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this, Luisa! What a surprise to visit your blog today - so many beautiful photos! You'r absolutely right about the fact that a new year doesn't change anything, but WE do!

    And snow - in Spain? Really? I'm shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you a Happy New Year, Luisa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty, pretty! Happy New Year to you!
    Were these taken on instagram?

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, @Megan. Happy New Year to you too!
    And yep.. instagram is now my favorite toy... hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are amazing. I miss the "winter" season just for moments like this that feel like Christmas. We don't have that around here. It was 82 degrees on Christmas. Stunning photos though

    ReplyDelete

You know the drill. Please leave your message after the "beep". Beep!